We work with and alongside other artists in a number of ways:
- Firstly, through regular partnerships and collaborations (we know the difference). Whilst Friction’s work originates with Sandra and Lee, almost all our work is co-created with other artists, professionals and participants of all kinds.
- Through our more or less formal artist development programmes. Currently our Walking Over Coals programme, which has morphed into Artists on the Edge.
- Through mentoring and workshops
- Hosting other artist’s events and exhibitions at the Edge
- Co-developing partnership projects – Often solo artists have great ideas, but don’t have the infrastructure, skills or finance to make them happen. If our interests coincide we work with artists to make these dream projects real. We’re currently working on MMM with Natalie Mason, this is a great example of one of these co-created projects, where we provide infrastructure, support and curatorial input, whilst she delivers the project she wants to deliver.
- ‘Edge Creds’ – Volunteering with Friction earns you Edge Creds at appropriate levels, depending on input. These can be cashed in for mentoring, advice and guidance, use of the studio or studio hire for events and exhibitions and equipment hire.